If you’ve been struggling to get fit on your own, but don’t fancy the idea of one-on-one personal training sessions, semi-private group training might be the solution. They say there’s strength in numbers. Well, this is particularly true when it comes to group training. From increased focus and motivation, to better results, let’s take a look at some of the benefits of small group training.
What is small group training?
Small group training sessions are similar to normal fitness classes. But with just a handful of people taking part, this allows trainers to offer each individual personal attention and motivation to help them reach their fitness goals.
5 benefits of small group training
Personal training can motivate people to get results. But for others, their enthusiasm fizzles out. In small group training, you receive the same attention as you would in a one-to-one session. But you’re in a fun group setting, which spurs you on.
The benefits of small group training include:
- Motivation: Nobody wants to be the weak link in a group. This psychological phenomenon, called the Köhler effect, means that people who train together get more results. In fact, a group setting can boost your workout’s intensity and performance by 200%.
- Comradery: It provides an opportunity to meet like-minded people who also want to get fit. This group dynamic fosters support and encouragement between people.
- Mood boosts: We all know exercise releases feel-good endorphins. But the social side of group exercise provides an extra endorphin boost to increase your happiness levels even further.
- Sustainable fitness: More affordable than one-on-one personal training, but more flexible than scheduled group classes, small group training empowers people to continually work on their performance.
- Better results: The biggest benefit of small group training is the substantial progress that participants see. A combination of group motivation, varied exercises and personal coaching results in better fitness.
If you’re a competitive person, these sessions can push you to do your personal best. But for those less confident about their fitness levels, being in a group can provide support. Unlike in large fitness classes, groups are small enough to work together. Whether your goal is to lose body fat or run a half-marathon, small group training can provide the support and drive to get you there.
Gravity’s small group training in Dublin
Gravity Fitness specialises in semi-private group training. Our coaches provide an all-body workout by training movement patterns, rather than individual muscles. Members get to use all kinds of equipment, while also being taught proper technique and form by our expert coaches.
Our semi-private training sessions usually include four people. This guarantees the benefits of exercising in a group dynamic, while also ensuring you get plenty of personal attention from our coaches. Our sessions blend mobility, stability, strength and metabolic conditioning and are tailored to suit your fitness level.
Our small group training prices
We offer a 30-day trial for just €109, so you can experience the benefits of small group training for yourself. Normally costing €209, this package includes:
- Movement assessment so we can create a fitness plan just for you
- InBody Analyser, which uses bioelectric impulse technology
- Free use of the Myzone heart rate system
- 10 semi-private group training sessions
- Unlimited larger group classes
- Nutrition coaching
To try the benefits of small group training for yourself, sign up for our 30-day trial today.