Hey guys. Conor Hogan here from Gravity Fitness with 8 tips that will help you have the best 2019 that you possibly can!
- Get into a Routine and Stick to It: – Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time everyday. Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at similar times each day. And, if you’re going to the gym, aim to go to classes at similar times each day. If you start by creating a routine, you’ll be on your way to creating a habit.
- Start Walking or Running: – Why not get out for a 20-30 minute walk or run each day, or a few times a week? A brisk walk every day has been shown to lower your chances of heart disease, and as well as that going outside will give you your daily dose of vitamin D which has been linked to being an antidepressant!
- Get a Buddy System: – Ask a friend or your partner to go on your walks/runs with you or to join you for a gym class.Having a buddy system not only makes exercising more fun but it also helps keep you accountable, especially for those days you feel lazy.
- Drink More Water Every Day: – We all know that we should be drinking more water. Drinking water has so many health benefits, eg. It fills you up, increases healthy cell function, rehydrates your entire body, aids in digestion. Try to aim for 30-40ml per kg of your body weight per day. So, if you were 75kgs that’s only 2,250ml of water a day!
- Don’t Beat Yourself Up: – Everyone gets sick occasionally or has a totally crazy-busy day when going out or being productive is the last thing you feel like, don’t beat yourself up! Obsessing over the occasional slip won’t help you achieve your goals. Do the best you can each day. And remember, moderation is the key to healthy and long-lasting results.
- Reward Your Efforts: – Try to do something for yourself every so often. Whether it’s once a week or once a month, make sure to give yourself some slack and do something for you. Whether it’s a weekend away, buying new clothes or even just going to the cinema, try to reward yourself for the good work you’re doing.
- Change Is a Process: – It can take years to develop those bad/unhealthy habits that you have, so you can’t just expect them to change in just a matter of days or weeks. Change is a process, so at times you just will have to be patient and remember why you’re doing this. It will all be worth it in the end!
- Write Down Your Main Goals: – Write you yearly goals down. Use a whiteboard, notepad, phone so you can keep track and remind yourself as the months go by.
Try to stick to a good routine, don’t beat yourself up if you slightly fall off the wagon because change will take a long time and will be nothing more than a speed bump for you and always remember what your goals are and your reason for doing them.